This week has been a tough one, to be honest. Between the news of Ahmaud Arbery’s murder by white supremacists and the lack of accountability from the officials on the case, it was pretty demoralizing. I’ve been trying to journal more to help me process my thoughts and while it’s helped, it still hurts. Amid everything, these have been some links that have helped me to meditate, take care of myself, and indulge a little this week…
- The New York Time’s “5 Minutes That Will Make You Love Opera” was honestly so helpful in finding a calming backdrop as I tried to process everything this week.
- In another self-care method, I’ve been trying to get better about wearing a bit of make-up to prevent my days from feeling like one elongated day since I no longer go into my office and see co-workers i person. Most of the days I don’t have patience for a full face, so it becomes a 3 product lewk, like the one below:
- If you’re like me and have been a regular at DJ Dnice’s #ClubQuarantine, then maybe you’ve felt like turning your living room into a clurb, or maybe not. But, these disco lights were probably the best $20 I’ve spent during the quarantine so far.
- If you’ve wanted to take ballet classes online, for free, here’s your chance! I’ve been doing these free Youtube classes from the Dutch National Ballet for a few weeks now and it’s been my own form of meditation.
- I don’t listen to beauty podcasts that often, but this Breaking Beauty Podcast episode featuring one of my favorite influencers (who even says that anymore)/businesswomen/la dolce vita goals, Pia Baroncini , was so refreshing and honest.
- Another great podcast if you’re into classical music and hearing how certain songs have shaped/touched everyday (and some famous) New Yorkers. I discovered it this week, so I’m working from the oldest ones, and the Lágrima episode is 😍.
- I try to support our small businesses by ordering takeout but sometimes I’m in the mood for something that’s not nearby, so I ordered the Chrissy Teigen “Cravings” cookbook for those moments when I want to indulge a little. I follow her on Instagram and the food she makes for her family always looks so delicious!
Until next week,