This week was a difficult one. Just when it seems like you’re on the road to managing and processing your feelings while fighting for racial justice in the country, something else happens to knock you back off of your horse and erase so much progress. That’s how I felt about the Jacob Blake shooting and the hate that followed. It’s hard guys, I won’t even sugarcoat it, but we have to keep fighting.
- If you’re in the US, we have two months until the election (Nov. 3rd), so make sure you have a plan for voting/help inform others. Deadlines are approaching!
- I’m currently reading Caste by Isabel Wilkerson, and reframing the issues with racial inequality and injustice in the US as not just racism but a caste system has bee so eye opening.
- Black Excellence. Black Joy. Black Businesses. Black Perseverance. This song/video has been on repeat all weekend:
- For anyone who’s said “What’s the deal with QAnon?” 🙋🏾♀️ , the New York Times published a great 101
- I keep saying this but we have so much knowledge at our fingertips and so many colleges and institutions are making this education free. If you’re looking for computer science, history, art, business and honestly any type of course, make sure you check out this list of 450+ free online courses from Ivy League schools
- Did coronavirus kill the fashion industry? (podcast)
- I’ve been experiencing news burnout lately, but switching up my news sources has helped so much. (free access if read on mobile)